Thursday, December 27, 2007

Search Engine Spammers are a Gullible lot regarding PayPerPlay | NetAudioAds | Voice2Page

I found an interesting post that was not authored by me pointing out how many of the claims in the PayPerPlay ad page cannot be substantiated and saw this interesting comment:

I had heard about PPP several times before I made the decision to join. But before I did - I called and spoke to one of the founders - Larry Host.

I talked with him about a few of my concerns - increased lag, ad targeting, and the expected CPM of a site. He said that they have been testing and using the technology for the last 3 years and if the site doesn’t connect to the server in 1 second, it just fails. As for the targeting he explained several of the targeting options available to the advertisers - and it sounds a lot more targeted than anything else, including geo targeting to the zip code of your choice.

My final concern was that I would only earn like $1 CPM as a publisher. While of course the CPM rates will vary depending on your market, etc. He did say that they expected CPM to be closer to the $10 to $20 range. Which sounds great to me.


Notice real hard what I highlighted in RED. Those CPM claims are ridicules. Lets break it down to where even a 3rd grade student can understand it, because that appears to be the level of sophistication that someone who believes that must have.

According to the comp plan at PPP the publisher will receive 25% of the ad revenue for each "Ad Play" . Base on those CPM quotes advertisers will be paying in the $40 to $80 per 1000 plays.

I have seen the sales agreement where the price per 1000 plays is $14. No way to for those payouts survive based on that. Now if they have raised the advertising cost to $40-$80 per 1000 ad plays they will need some deep pocked advertisers to buy in seeing how even on PayPerPlays claims that there is just a 20% loss to advertisers.

So for $40 to $80 and advertiser will get 800 real plays (PPP's Numbers Not Mine) at 5 seconds each. That is a cost of .05 to .10 for each 5 second branding play. For that kind of money they can buy targeted website traffic on the Adwords content network and have the real potential of converting surfers to lead or customers.

They are claiming that the ads will be website targeted. The real question is if it is that targeted there are better ways for advertisers to spend money. I am sure the MFA fools are chomping their lips at those kinds of claims.

It is doubtful that Larry Host will acknowledge he made a claim like that. If he does and you believe it you deserve to waste as much time as possible polluting the internet with more search engine spam and receiving nothing for your efforts.




No comments: