Monday, December 17, 2007

Pay Per Play Says Search Engine Spam is Good

In a recent comment at Ben Cooks Blog the owner of Pay Per Play is openly admitting that Search engine spam is the only viable medium to deliver the advertisers message:

  1. Charles Heflin

    December 17th, 2007 at 5:19 am

    17

    The audio ads are 5 seconds in length and are not appropriate for blogs with real readers.

    They are meant for websites that monetize by sending people away… Like AdSense sites.

    They are also meant for sites that are heavy into games, jokes, videos, etc.

    Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water… Nobody ever said you had to place 5 second audio ads on your blog… This is just an assumption.

    The biggest opportunity in this is referring websites that are a good fit for audio ads.

Adsense is starting to take a no nonsense approach to MFA sites and banning user accounts that participate in search engine spam. Now it looks like Pay Per Play ads delivered by voice2page and netaudio ads will be the next batch of search spam to hit the interwebs.

The voice2page platform is good if used the proper way. But lets face it. Anyone that can use a ftp client to set up a blog can figure out how to add audio as necessary to a site without offending the visitors or the needs for a paid remote hosting services or that paid for by crappy ads.

Mainstream advertisers will stay away from this one like the plague!!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Personally, I think this form of advertising is more intrusive than pop up ads at the moment. The reason is that I’m sometimes irritated by websites with audio and I can imagine how much more irritated I will be with a 5 second audio ad. Additionally, our speakers may not be configured at the right volume and it may be too loud or soft. If it’s too loud, it irritates me more. If it’s too soft, I can’t hear it and the advertisers lose their dollars.

Despite my own personal comments, I still think this type of advertising is innovative and we never know what may or may not work. There are dozens of webmasters who are in for a quick profit and do not mind turning their visitors away anyway. Besides, the advertisements on MSN will seem to me as intrusive if it’s related to me first since it plays a video when I roll my cursor over somewhere the bottom of MSN window. However, I have been entertained by those videos so many times that I do in fact like it.
Alex Tennese http://yourpayperplay.com